by JRBJ Staff The city of Lee’s Summit has announced it has selected Joplin City Attorney Brian Head as its new city attorney. Head will begin working with the city on June 4, according to a news release. He has been in his current post with the city of Joplin
CEO John Foraker (with Joplin Mayor Melodee Colbert Kean and JACC President Rob O'Brian, in trademark bunny ears) expects growth ...
What started as a discussion about transportation was quickly dominated by the Affordable Care Act and its effects on small ...
Mark Rohr has his last words with the Joplin City Council and calls on citizens to continue rebuilding.
by JRBJ Staff Officials with CiCi’s Pizza will present a $2,000 donation to Rebuild Joplin during a Rebuild housewarming ceremony April 17. Store operator James Martin will present the check as the culmination of a two-week fundraising campaign for Rebuild. “As a member of the Joplin community that has also
by JRBJ Staff Crowder College’s nursing program has earned a five-year accreditation through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, according to a news release. The accreditation lends national validity to the program, which was first accredited on a state level in 1987 by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
by JRBJ Staff Manufacturing in the Pittsburg micropolitan area accounts for 17.1 percent of all wages paid and 14.2 percent of all jobs in the area, according to a new economic report from Pittsburg State University’s Kelce School of Business. The report is the second edition of the Pittsburg Micropolitan
by JRBJ Staff Jasper County collected more than $863,000 in revenues during the month of March, according to a release from Collector of Revenue Stephen Holt. This figure includes real estate taxes totaling $413,179 and personal taxes totaling $432,509. Distributions from those revenues go to school districts ($606,513), fire districts
Sign Up for eNews Updates
Archives: Of Past Articles
- City Attorney Brian Head resigns for position with Lee’s Summit April 16, 2014
- CiCi’s to present donation to Rebuild Joplin April 16, 2014
- Crowder nursing program receives national accreditation April 16, 2014
- Manufacturing takes lead in PSU economic report April 14, 2014
- Jasper County revenues top $860K in March April 14, 2014
- Photos: Salute to Health Care 2014 April 11, 2014
- Aegis announces 150 new jobs in Joplin April 11, 2014
- MSSU Career Fair attracts 85 employers April 9, 2014
- Car wash, police reports differ on denied access March 12, 2014
- First Response Fund allocations just shy of $1M March 19, 2014
- Able Manufacturing looks to loan to battle tough times March 19, 2014
- McCaskill small biz roundtable turns to health care March 19, 2014
- IT jobs in demand in MO March 21, 2014
- Joplin MSA unemployment climbs in January March 21, 2014
- AT&T offers free Internet to Joplin small biz March 21, 2014
- Regional tourism business workshop slated for March 28 March 21, 2014